Outplacement programmes facilitate supportive exit strategies for those whose careers lie elsewhere and are tailored to suit the client industry and personal circumstances of impacted staff.
Outplacement represents a bridge between the shock of sudden dismissal and the daunting prospect of finding a new role.
- Overview of current market conditions
- Addressing The Fear Factor
- Understanding where candidates trip up
- What companies/recruiters want to see in applications/candidates
- Personal impact
- The Job Search process
- The Interview process
- How to compete effectively in a competitive market
- Career review
- Skills assessment
- Identification of transferable skills
- CV analysis and rewriting (including professional templates)
- Interview preparation
- Business communication
- LinkedIn and social media presence
- Introduction to networking
- Personal assessment/audit by an Executive Headhunter
- Access to industry resources
We have 3 Outplacement programmes, designed to meet a variety of client needs.
This is a highly individualised programme to unpack requirements/concerns within an external and confidential environment.
Our career experts work one-on-one with executives to help them establish what their next career move should be and prepare them to achieve it successfully. This could include guidance on finding a new role, diversifying a career or even considering the option of a portfolio career or retirement plan.
In addition to the core components we also address managing professional reputations and protecting the personal brand.
Group sessions are interactive and tailored to suit the needs of the audience. The focus is on attaining re-employment with the least amount of stress and anxiety.
The make-up of the program covers the following 6 topics -
- The Fear Factor
When you replace the fear of the unknown with an understanding of what to expect, it results in a more confident candidate. Confident candidates always perform better in interviews.
- Understanding where candidates trip up
Feedback from CEO’s and HR Directors on where people let themselves down or create doubt during the hiring process
- Personal impact, which includes discussions on -
Presence - The value of a well presented CV with relevant content. Understand what recruiters need to know and the balance between too little and too much information; Social Media presence; how to create an effective LinkedIn profile which is more likely to be found during recruiter search processes.
The Job Search Process - How to look for a job; the best job sites, what to expect from recruitment agencies and headhunters, newspaper adverts, referrals/networking, and accessing valuable LinkedIn groups etc.
The Interview Process - Understanding interview methodologies & assessments; how to perform well in interviews; understanding the needs of the recruiter and what they’re really looking for in interview answers; sample interview questions and answers; mock interviews and feedback.
- How to compete in a very competitive job market
The ratio of candidates to jobs results in a very competitive environment, regardless of experience; identify skills which benefit the company and market; recognise transferrable skills; education - should you study further and what adds value?
- Q&A session
Closing the gap in participant knowledge/questions
- The option of a personal assessment (extra cost)
A Personal assessment and feedback from an Executive Headhunter, enabling candidates to fine turn their approach and increase their chances of being hired.
Online programme (suited to large scale retrenchments)
Online access to career related resources and practical information, including –
- How to create a stand-out CV
- A choice of CV templates
- Interview preparation tips
- Examples of interview styles and questions
- Written and verbal communication hints and tips
- Job search resources
- Common mistakes to avoid
WE ALSO OFFER
For the Company: How effectively does your internal talent compare to the market?
Capitalise on your organisations talent pool by understanding areas of strengths and weaknesses in order to enhance your capability and increase market competitiveness.
Objective reporting following in-depth interview and assessments
- Feedback is transparent, with the internal talent benefiting from a highlight report
- Client chooses criteria to focus on: functional expertise / management ability / leadership ability / emotional awareness, etc.
For the Executive: How do you compare to peers in the market?
Executive Benchmarking enables you to identify where your value is and which areas need upskilling in order to compete more effectively against other candidates. For those who are ambitious or competing for a promotion, this information provides a significant competitive advantage.
CONFIDENTIAL RESEARCH, SURVEYS & FEEDBACK QUESTIONNAIRES
- Adaptable for a wide range of marketing, corporate reputation and HR purposes
- Internal or external feedback questionnaires